Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Devil Made Me Do It Again and Again

The Devil Made Me Do It Again and Again




 
 
 
I love short stories. I grew up in the pulp era and read short stories and novellas in monthly magazines printed on pulp paper. I haunted newsstands weekly and bought arm loads of pulp magazines to devour at home. I graduated to buying and reading paperback collections of short stories, then to hardbounds borrowed from the library. I have fond memories of reading Grof Conklin’s sf reprint anthologies filled with stories from the pulps, and original anthologies of stories that contained stories by my favorite pulp authors. Periodically, I reread some of those stories. Each time I reread a story I discover something new I missed the first time around.



The Devil Made Me Do It Again and Again (Crossroad Press, May 2016) is a collection of ten of my own stories that appeared in magazines or original anthologies over the past forty years, plus three new stories never seen before in print. I wrote a brief introduction to each story, and Irwin Chapman wrote a revealing Introduction to my Foreword. I included some of my hard-learned secrets of writing in an Afterword.



Crossroad Press published a nice reprint of my earlier The Devil Made Me Do It (Miskatonic University Press, 1985) as an e-book in 2014, and The Devil Made Me Do It is currently available for Kindle or Nook at https://www.amazon.com/Devil-Made-Me-Do-ebook/dp/B00RFYVSPK/ or http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-devil-made-me-do-it-paul-dale-anderson/1120966454?ean=2940150201781. It’s also available from Kobo. The paperback is out of print.



It seemed natural to offer the latest collection of my short stories to Crossroad Press, and I’m very happy with their editing and cover art. You can order copies for your Kindle at https://www.amazon.com/Devil-Made-Me-Do-Again-ebook/dp/B01G4RQRUE/ or for your Nook at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-devil-made-me-do-it-again-and-again-paul-dale-anderson/1123845806?ean=2940158189791.


No comments:

Post a Comment